Friday, October 10, 2008

Just who were the Weather Underground and why should you care?

If you cared about 9/11, the Oklahoma City bombing, or the unabomber -- why would you NOT care about the despicable acts of the weathermen? I guess you might say they considered themselves to be "community organizers" of sorts, but they were a radical left organization founded in 1969 who took their name, "weathermen" from a Bob Dylan song. They bombed the United States Capitol, the Pentagon, Army recruitment centers, and Supreme Court Justice Murtagh's home(where his family was present and in bed at the time). They were also investigated in several other bombings, namely one detonated at a San Francisco police station, taking the life of a police sergeant.
William Ayers helped to cofound this despicable, radical organization in 1969. He and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, who was also a prominent member of weather underground, both went on to become professors. Ayers, at the University of Illinois, and Dohrn at Northwestern. In an Interview given to the New York Times in 2001 Ayers was quoted saying:

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970's as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago.

Yet, this man got away with his terroristic acts, and now teaches college -- just amazing?! Maybe people should ask the victims of the weather underground their feelings as to whether or not the WU is just no big deal. I can see why Obama would want to lie about these associations, who wouldn't? But, is this the type of person we want running our country? The kind of person that associates with terrorists? I think not!
Here is an excerpt from an article written by John M. Murtagh, who was 9 years old at the time, when the weather underground bombed his home while he lay in bed sleeping.
http://www.city-journal.org/2008/eon0430jm.html

2 comments:

Minxy Mimi said...

I think before you believe all the media about any story/situation you need to find out all the facts about it. I never buy into the "liberal media" or "right wing media" because its often slanted/biased/ and only partially true. Obama IMO does not "Pal around with Terrorists" Thats a scare tactic. Thats just my opinion though, here is a link to a non partisan group who researches these claims. I suggest checking it out. They are www.factcheck.org

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html

Just because you know someone and socialize with them, does not mean you are in accordance with all thier views, nor can you know thier (ancient) history. My in-laws had a fundraiser for this man http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/
and I am positive although he attended this fundraiser and had dinner with them on a few occasions...he did not look into thier backgroud, or do a security check. Who would think to do that? Not me!

Just my honest opinion. I think we all need to have all our facts before we judge others.

TexasMomof3 said...

I actually frequent factcheck.org. I have done plenty of reading on the Weather Underground, and what they represented and believed. I personally see no difference in William Ayers compared to Tim McVeigh outside of the death toll, but not for lack of trying. Sorry, I wasn't even born when the WU were pulling their despicable acts of violence, but, after a few mentions, I researched into them. You mean to tell me that Obama has lived in Chicago for many years, served on a board with the man, and didn't know what Ayers was about? Weather Underground considered themselves Top Dog "community organizers." Sorry, I'm not buying it! But, that's just me...