Saturday, November 8, 2008

What a week!...

What a week this has been! For me, it has been emotional, for more reasons than one. The election is behind us, we have a new president. This, for me, stirs up much fear and emotion. Not for any other reason than I do not agree with his proposed agenda. I wish I could say the same for others... On election night, I was very disappointed at the fact McCain lost, as he was my candidiate of choice, but, there was no denying the historical aspect of the evening. That being said, I'm ready to move on from that historical moment, and watch Obama get down to business. I will be glad when people start calling him President Obama(kinda) instead of labeling him by his race as the "first black President Obama." I will continue to pray for my country as I always have, and for guidance and direction for the newly elected president.




On a lighter note, we've had a great week outside of that. Halloween was great and, of course, the girls got WAY too much candy. They had a great time though.


Kenna was selected this week by her school to be a part of the UIL Creative Writing. I couldn't be prouder! I feel kind of bad because I did not encourage her to try out, her teacher did. Now I'm fully aware of the fact that Kenna is artistic, and often expresses her creativity through that outlet, but I had no idea she had a knack for writing! Madison is, at this moment, on a trip for a jump rope workshop down in South Texas. I haven't spoken to her yet this morning, but I hope she's having a great time. I'm sure she is. I have been working with Morgie on her handwriting and motor skills. She is improving every day! Sometimes she is very difficult to keep focused and interested, but most of the time she really has the desire to get it right.


November and December are always incredibly busy months for me, as I'm sure they are for most people. But I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I'm SO ready for Black Friday, Christmas music, and all of the other aspects of this great time.




1 comments:

Chris said...

Obama was my candidate of choice but I am still fearful and afraid for the future. I hope my choice was the right one. I hope he is ready.

Love the Halloween costumes. They look so cute. Glad you had a fun Halloween.