Thursday, May 15, 2008

Approaching 30... not so gracefully

I'll be 30 in just a few a weeks and I'm having somewhat of a hard time with it. My twenties will be history, and I will be beginning the start of a new decade. Several months ago I was sitting in the car, waiting for the kids to get out of school, when I noticed a grey hair. I plucked that sucker so fast and frantically began a search of what led to countless more. Needless to say it was an awakening moment.

I'm getting older.

Be forewarned -- it does NO good plucking them... I should buy stock in Clairol... Anyway, my hair is not the only thing that age is taking it's toll. I can't walk these days without something popping. It's so funny, because when I was younger, this was just something I didn't think would ever happen to me. Aches and pains for almost no reason at all. Getting tired easily. I know I certainly took my energy level that I once had SO for granted. If only to have the energy of a 4 year old again! I'm hoping that once the dreaded day of the 30th comes and goes, these feelings will pass with the day. I hope to reach a point where I'm ok with growing old gracefully... until then, thank God for great creams, hair dye, good bras, and support hose!

2 comments:

Kimberly @ AllAboutKimberly said...

I'm slightly behind you, but will be 30 before long too. Plan something fun for the day - don't let yourself get too caught up in the number. I am planning a girl's trip with my best friend to somewhere new for my 30th!

ummmhello said...

Don't sweat it. I just turned 30 and I don't feel any different than I did at 25. Big stinking deal.
Hmm stock in Clairol may not be a bad idea though!